November 07, 2010

A County Fair champ-Aug. 11

My mom owns a ceramic shop, and she is always encouraging the grandkids to paint things, and to do their best, so that she can enter their work in to the county and state fairs.

This year Eli picked to paint a  little hedgehog, and my mom put it in the fair.

He did awesome on his painting and his hard work paid off.

He won a 1st place blue ribbon, a high blue ribbon, and a big Sweepstakes ribbon. I don’t know exactly what all those mean, but from what I understand his was the best piece entered in his age and category.

IMG_0240

IMG_0241

He was so excited when we explained that he got three ribbons.

Eli loves to paint, color, draw, or do any type of art project, and he likes to spend a lot of time and add lots of color.

I was so proud of him and his accomplishment. But I especially loved seeing his reserved  look of excitement on his face. (He never really shows much emotion).

Good Job Eli! You have lots of talents, and we are proud of you!

No comments: