February 03, 2012

Happy 7 years to Eli

This year Eli turned 7!

Everyone that knows me, knows I LOVE to go all out for birthdays. I love making my kids feel that they are the most special person for one whole day.

I love celebrating that I was able to have another year with my family members.

As usual Eli woke up to balloons in his room, his favorite cereal(Lucky Charms), and a small gift to open before school.

IMG_4837 IMG_4836

As a side note…He almost didn’t get his Lucky Charms. We love cereal in our house, and I always have many, many boxes in the basement, and was sure I had some Lucky Charms.

After the kids went to bed I went to get Eli’s box of Lucky Charms, and couldn’t find a box anywhere. I even looked in places that I hide them sometimes. Ryan was out of town for work, so I couldn’t run to the store because all the kids were asleep.

I didn’t know what to do.

Eli would be so sad without his Lucky Charms, and I couldn’t have a sad boy on his birthday…

Aunt Tiffy to the rescue!!

Tiffany went to the store, bought and delivered Eli’s Lucky Charms at 10:00 that night, so he could have them in the morning. She saved Eli’s birthday!!

I took him a kid’s meal from McDonald’s and ate with him at lunch. He gave me his excited, shy smile when he saw me.

After lunch I came back to his class, and helped out.

He had been begging me to come to his class to do Fairy Tale Friday. I found out that his teacher needed someone on Eli’s Birthday. I decided that would be a fun birthday Surprise for him. We read The Ugly Duckling and then made swan pictures.

He opened a couple more presents when he got home.

He told me he wanted to eat at Pizza Pie Café for dinner. He also asked if we could invite The Mangone side of the family to dinner. It was a last minute invite, but we were excited that Grandma & Grandpa Mangone, aunt Sarah, Luke and Mia were able to celebrate with us. We appreciated their support and love.

IMG_4847

IMG_4852

IMG_4850

IMG_4856

IMG_4853

IMG_4854

Eli got Star Wars Guess Who and paper clips(yes, he asked for them) from grandma and grandpa. A life jacket that wasn’t pink from grandpa. Sarah and Justin gave him a really cool color light up book.

The day after his birthday we had a Spy Party, and on Sunday we celebrated on the Teeples’ side along with Great Grandma Teeples’ birthday.

IMG_4928

I think birthday number 7 was a success!

No comments: