November 23, 2010

One down…

Sept. 3-

Eli is truly growing up.

He lost his first tooth.

IMG_0233

About a week ago he was trying to open a plastic package with his teeth. He bit it weird and yanked the tooth loose. He continued to wiggle and play with it. Finally, Ryan just pulled it out one morning.

The first two nights he forgot to put it under his pillow for the Tooth Fairy. I told him he better not forget again, becasue the tooth fairy only gives you 5 days. If after 5 days of losing your tooth you don’t put it under your pillow then she doesn’t come.

The third night he put it under his pillow, but the Tooth Fairy forgot to come. Eli was pretty bummed when he woke up and his tooth was still there. I told him it was a holiday (Labor Day), so she probably took the day off. He was cool with that. But then he said, “Mom, I really hope she comes tonite.” I said, “why?” He said, “because I only have 5 days and tomorrow is day 5.” He always takes everything so seriously and literally.

The tooth fairy did come that night, and left a dollar. He was happy.

IMG_0235

But my little guy truly is growing up. sniff. sniff.

No comments: