November 07, 2010

Goodbye boot, hello freedom!

DSCN0001 The boot came off, a whole 10 days after being put on. (Aug. 18)

I am thankful it was only 10 days because any more and me and Eli may have possibly gone crazy. Foot restrictions in the summer are killer! I am also thankful it was only a boot, and not a real cast. That really may have sent us over the edge. Being a boot it was removable and made some situations a little more bearable, which leads me to be thankful that it did actually heal. I may or may not have taken the boot off a few times to let him do things that he wouldn’t have been able to do with his boot. (Swim lessons, the end of the water fight, swimming at grandma’s pool,etc.) Again, I do not claim to ever win the “Mom of the Year” award.

We are happy to say goodbye to the boot.

No comments: