August 05, 2010

Lehi parade

I have a confession to make: I am a parade junky. I LOVE parades. Why? I am not really sure. I just do.

June 26th was the Lehi parade. We found a nice spot and waited and waited until the parade started. To help pass the time Ryan walked down to the Lehi Bakery and purchased us some delicious donuts. The maple bars from the bakery are yummy, yummy, yummy. If you are ever in Lehi you should make a stop at the Bakery.

IMG_0300 Can you guess which one is Hallie’s? Yes the pink one and the one with the big bites taken out of it. She couldn’t wait to eat hers.

IMG_0296

We had fun watching the parade, spotting people we knew, scooping up candy, and sitting in the sun!

IMG_0305

Hallie was NOT fond of anything that made a loud noise (ie. the pretend shootout or the sirens). She was a fan of all the Royalty floats(she thinks the girls are princesses), and the dancers.

IMG_0304

Eli was a fan of grabbing the candy and relaxing.

IMG_0313

I was a fan of  the whole thing, especially watching my kids get excited about the little things.

Ryan isn’t a huge fan of parades, but he is a fan of humoring me. I am pretty sure if I ever die he will never take my kids to a parade, but as long as I am living he does it for me.

IMG_0308

No comments: