July 23, 2009

Bye, Bye Binkie

Hallie finally kicked the habit.

IMG_1420

On July 7th I told Hallie to just throw it in the garbage. I made it sound like such an exciting thing. So we ran to the garbage all ready to toss that baby in there.

But when it came time for her to actually drop it, she hesitated. She looked at it, then at me. I kept encouraging the drop. (I really never thought she would do it). But then tada. She dropped it. IMG_1421

The first night she cried for about 10 minutes for it, then the second night again 10 minutes. But by the third night she was completely over that thing.

For the first week she would still ask for it, when we laid her down for naps & bed, but we would remind her that she threw it away, and she would say, ""oh, yeah. Garbage."

I am so glad we finally got rid of that ugly binkie.IMG_1424

3 comments:

DeSisto Digitals said...

That's so cute!!! She's seriously the sweetest little girl. I love how your kids are just so matter-of-fact "oh yeah... garbage."

Key Fam said...

Wow! I can't wait until we can do that with Sierra! She's completely opposite of her sister...Ashlyn was done with her binky by around 16 months. But Sierra likes it for when she's teething, and the last ones are coming in...so hopefully soon, since she keeps chewing a hole in them then getting mad and wanting new ones!

Lindsay said...

Uh yeah. We still haven't taken that step. I hope it goes as well as yours did!