June 23, 2009

Waffles and CNN

Two quick things:

I've been asked so many times about this I figured I would explain. Lessley and I were the feature of a recent CNN article (http://www.cnn.com/2009/...) and everyone wants to know how CNN came to find/pick us.

I wrote a blog post well over a year ago about how I'm a cheapskate and how Lessley has had to adjust (to the point that now she's the cheapskate). Anyway, the CNN writer said she liked it and wanted to do a story on finances in a couple's marriage. So there you go.

Also, I want to add a shameless plug for something delicious. My brother has a booth at the Provo Farmer's market where he sells Belgian Sugar Waffles (top picture).


Now, these aren't the kind of waffles you're used to. They are a desert. Imagine the best bread you ever ate mated with carmelized sugar, and that's what you get. They are, in a word: addicting. They also sell Stroop waffles (bottom left), which are two waffled cookies with a cinnamon sugar drizzle in the middle. They are also divine.

Lessley and I both have cravings for them all the time. So go to the Provo Farmer's market on Saturday and treat yourself. You won't be sorry.


1 comment:

rain said...

Congrats. I would wear a "tightwad" T-shirt with pride if I could. There's no high like getting a fantastic deal, for sure. Jeff swayed me to that way of life, too. Some marriages are made to last.

Also, those waffles ARE delicious. And warm and sweet. I just might be craving one right now, as well.