May 18, 2011

Spring Break 2011

April 11-15

This year was the first year since being a mom that I felt I needed to celebrate Spring Break. Before this year I usually never even knew when Spring Break was. But this year since Eli was in school I felt I had to do something.

Ryan was going to be out of town for the whole week, so I thought I would just plan something fun everyday for the kids. You know make it a fun packed week with outings, crafts, treats, and fun!

MONDAY: (We actually spent the first half of the day cleaning. I had to get it out of the way to be able to enjoy the rest of the week). We went to lunch at Chik-Fil-A. When we walked in we actually ran into Ryan’s grandparents. They had just gotten there, and so we all ordered and were able to have lunch together. It was a fun surprise.

After lunch we all headed over to Jack & Jill’s to go bowling. Eli got some bowling tips from Ryan’s grandpa and he bowled quite well.

IMG_1341

IMG_1342

IMG_1346

IMG_1349

IMG_1350 

After bowling we went home and played with Sculpey. The kids made a snake, ladybug, flower, and spider that we turned into magnets.

IMG_1353

IMG_1356

When we were all done Eli said, “Well, that wasn’t as exciting as I thought it would be.”

TUESDAY: Went to movie day at the Draper Library to watch Tangled.

IMG_1358

After the kids went to bed, I painted the kitchen. And the color is NOT what I want. Looks like I get to paint it again.

WEDNESDAY: Went to lunch with Ryan’s grandparents at Arctic Circle. We then went up to his grandparent’s house where they have a couple neighborhood parks. We picked up my nephew Bentley and all went to the park and played for a few hours.

IMG_1370

IMG_1381

IMG_1385

IMG_1391 

We came home from the park, had pizza for dinner, and built a fort upstairs. We watched Ramona and Beezus and ate treats in the fort, and then slept in it.

IMG_1403

Attempt #2 at painting the kitchen. Still NOT the right color!! Argh!!

THURSDAY: We were going to go to Jungle Jim’s, but Eli said that he wasn’t feeling good and was tired. So we snuggled up on the couch and watched shows. Then went to my parent’s house and played with them. Picked Ryan up from the airport.

FRIDAY: Since Ryan was home he decided he wanted to take the kids to Pirate Island.

DSCN0073 DSCN0076

DSCN0078

DSCN0081

At the end of the week someone asked Eli if he had a good Spring Break, and if he did anything fun.

His reply?

“Ummm…Not really.”

I was shocked. Looks like next year we are going to sit around and do nothing!!

No comments: